Kid Approved Spinach Lasagna Rolls!
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- 1 box of lasagna noodles, cooked (next time we are trying it with wheat noodles!)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 large tub of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups of Italian Blend Cheese (Also called Pizza Blend)
- 1 large egg
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1 jar of Organic Pasta Sauce (check the sugars and make sure it is low or no sugar)
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Italian blend cheese, egg, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of your cheese mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Pour the remaining sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese melts.
This made A LOT. It fed my family of 6 with leftovers. We all LOVED it!
I served it with a side salad!
(And FYI- we all HATE spinach and we loved it!)
Also- if you are doing low carb like me, stuff this filling in a chicken breast and top with the pasta sauce and cheese!!! SO good!!!